17 August 2005

Blue




Navy
Blue Angels

Sorry, I couldn't decide on one picture. Since I was a little kid, all I've ever wanted to do is fly. Just about everything else about me has changed over the last 15 years, but that is one thing that has not. There is nothing I would rather do.

My plan is to get a degree at Texas, finish my eligibility, and join the Navy as an officer, where I'll go through Officer Candidate School (OCS), Naval Air Station, Pensacola, Florida. All officers entering aviation programs also complete a six-week air indoctrination course at Naval Aviation Schools Command, also in Pensacola. Prospective pilots then attend Primary flight training. Upon completion of Primary flight training, pilots request an aircraft training pipeline and enter the Intermediate phase of flight training, which builds upon the prerequisites of basic flight and navigation training. Advanced naval flight training is tailored for mission specifics and upon completion, pilots are awarded their wings of gold and report to their respective Fleet Replacement Squadrons for training in their specific aircraft.

From there, I want to eventually become a Blue Angel pilot, the basic requirement is to be an active-duty Navy tactical jet pilot with a minimum of 1350 flight hours. Demonstration pilots serve two-year terms, and their average age is 32.

No comments:

Site Meter