14 August 2005

A whole other world


When I got home on Friday night I went to see 1100 Springs, named so after the number of fresh water springs running through the fabulous state of oklafuckinghoma. But the lead singer is from Dallas and the band is entertaining. They played for over 2 hours. I went with my brothers, Evan's girlfriend of 5 years, Deanna, and Bryan's friend Foster. Haven't seen Bryan or Dee since Christmas so it was nice to spend some time with them.

I want you to take a little closer look at the picture. The drummer, who unfortunately didn't make it in the picture, is from the Toadies and looks like Dr. Evil, the steel guitar player has a Loretta Lynn tat on his forearm among many others, the fiddle player looks (and acted) like this one fat kid I went to elementary school with, the lead singer recently cut about 8 inches of hair off and was wearing a shirt with Elvis on it. One of their songs claims they play pretty good music and are not just "Long Haired, Tattooed, Hippie Freaks". I'll give them that. And for those of you out there who claim I made up the town where I came from, here's proof I didn't, even if it is from a whole other world.

No comments:

Site Meter