25 September 2005

A-mazing!

Last night was a downtown summer reunion of sorts. Wynter, Tina and I were on a rampage!

Today was so incredible. ACL. For my viewing and listening pleasure it was:
1. Rachael Yamagata
-saw the end of the show, not bad, not bad
2. Kaiser Chiefs
-camped out in front of the stage for an hour for a good view, the show was off the hook
3. The Arcade Fire
-very impressed, especially with the fact that the band lived through the show, they are from Montreal, some were in long sleeves, some were in jackets
4. The Decemberists
-right up front, loved it
5. Jack Ingram
-have yet to be impressed by his shows, I think he played the exact set list from last year
6. The Black Keys
-front and center, absofuckinglutely amazing, they finished when Cold Play came on, no one left, we begged for an encore but instead ended up booing the crew for crating the gear
7. Cold Play
-I left the Heineken Stage where The Black Keys played to find Dez and Alicia in the crowd, in the dark, in what was being called the Dust Bowl. I know that's my idea of fun. How I couldn't find them given Dez's directions is beyond me. "Go to the long row of potties. See the tree with the light? We're about 10 yards in from that." Sure, I'll be right there. Searched forever, phone wouldn't work, every orifice full of dust, gave up trying to find them, couldn't see the stage or even the screen, fuck it. I went home. At least I beat the crowd.

Some other general happenings from today:
The meat slicer at Texadelphia got the best of Matt. He nearly lost his finger. Fortunately for him, I am an expert at repairing slightly severed digits, so I saved it.
Da Crew decided on our Halloween theme. Not gonna spill the beans, but it is going to be unbelievable.
I managed to send everyone on my buddy list a really annoying virus. If you clicked on it, I am truly sorry, but cussing at me isn't necessary. If you didn't click on it, lucky you.
I continue my refusal to give in and join myspace.com.
I finally caught the baby lizard that has been sharing my apartment.

6 comments:

ALISHA said...

I have a drum stick from Coldplay.

ALISHA said...

Oh and one more thing...Me and Darci are putting on DACL Music Fest next year. Check my blog soon...it's gonna be off the hook. Totally having a line up that'll knock your socks off, and I'm hearing whispers of a Hooters stage. You won't want to miss this.

Rachael said...

Sounds incredible. Count me in. Just make sure there are pong tables.

poole said...

comon.. DO IT. all the cool kids are peeing their pants... oh yeah, and joining myspace.

Rachael said...

give me a better reason

Anonymous said...

DON'T DO IT!! RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!

Site Meter