21 January 2006

let's see...

Point taken, Carly. I know I have been really bad at updating the blog lately.

So you probably all know about the trip I'm taking this summer. 30 days by Amtrak throughout the US and Canada. That's right Carly, Canada! I'll be gracing your beloved country. It will be my first time out of the country in fact. I have to sit down and figure out the exact dates of the stops I'll take so I can get my ticket, but potential stops include: New Orleans, Atlanta, D.C., Baltimore, Philly, New York, Boston, Rochester, Toronto, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria, Seattle, Portland, Chicago and a few others. Carly, if you have any suggestions of things I can't come to Canada without seeing that are on that route, let me know.

First thing I've got to do before I really start planning this is ask my rents for an $800 loan for the ticket...and I haven't even told them that I'm going yet...this should be interesting.

12 comments:

Rachael said...

Mel Jay, we have discussed this. Atlanta is a go, but only if you take me to the aquarium. We'll discuss the dates soon.

Justin Thyme said...

Wow - sounds like an incredible trip! As for the 'rents, tell them that it's either this or backpacking through Europe... I'll bet they go for this. :-)

Rachael said...

Justin- I'm stoked about the trip! I've been wanted to do this for years, and I'm finally going for it. As for my rents...funny, they got on my blog yesterday, after I asked them to stop looking at it, so I guess they know now.

As for backpacking through Europe, that's a whole other trip that I'm planning ;).

Good to see you on the blog!

Harley Bryant said...

For the matter of Rochester, I don't know where I'm going to be this summer. If I get the job that I am looking at getting, I am going to be in WoodsHole, MA. I know I told you think...or I think. Anyways, It's ont he Cape, so if that is the case, I would say that you should try to come down to there. Boston is only like 2.5 hours away, and that was on your list. It's really not that car, but the cape traffic makes it hard, maybe I could pick you up...I'm just rambling now. Anyways. I'll talk to you later. Luvya

Rachael said...

Good info to know. I will probably spend the most time of my trip in New York City, so I will just have to work around that. Boston is a go too, so that might work out. From NYC, the route is New Haven, CT, Providence, RI, Boston. Maybe something on that line is closer?

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting! I'll make you a big old list, for sure! Just make sure you allow for time to come and visit me!

Rachael said...

Deal!

Anonymous said...

Hey, can you bring me one of those I HEART VY shirts??? And maybe a lock of his hair? Just jokes. I started thinking about your list last night and I even asked a few others to think about it too. I'm going to make sure you have an awesome time in Vancouver. Maybe you'll even love it as much as I love Texas!

Rachael said...

The shirt I can do, but his hair is far too short for me to snag a lock ;). A friend does have a VY signed ball if you're interested though. I'm stoked about getting to see your Vancouver.

Anonymous said...

I know about the hair thing, I thought of that before I posted it, but a lock of hair was the only weird stalker thing I could think to ask for.

So, when are you planning to be around these parts?

Anonymous said...

Oh and I just tagged you. Maybe that'll get you blogging a little more???

Rachael said...

Let's see, the World Series is over on June 7th...two weeks of camp after that...maybe a few days to get everything together...about 22 days of travel...around July 20th. That is if all goes according to plan. Eek!

Site Meter