06 August 2006

Let me catch you up

Ahhh, excitement abounds. This is long but a lot has been going on the past few days. Pictures will follow whenever I get my crap working.

I got a knock on my door at 8 a.m. on Friday morning. Granted it's not that early, but since the boys kept me awake until 5 a.m. I was not in the mood to get up. Until I heard there were free hot air balloon rides across the street at Auditorium Shores that is. I was up and dressed in two seconds, and Wilson and I were on our way. The new phone company Cricket was advertising by giving free rides. The balloon was tethered to the ground so we only went about 150 feet high, but it was awesome.

After our ride and breakfast at Magnolia we went to the Barton Creek greenbelt to run. I was telling Wilson as we passed the rock walls that we should go to the rock gym and climb. Right about that time we came across two guys climbing. After talking to them for a couple of minutes, they offered to let us climb. I couldn't get the gear on fast enough. I've been to the rock gym and climbed, but it was nothing compared to climbing a real rock face.

We got home at 11 a.m. and I had already had the day of the month. After spending the afternoon at Barton Springs, I got to hang out with Cullen and her roomie. We went downtown and thanks to Cullen's charm and our good looks we didn't pay for a drink all night. I even got to see my long lost buddies Amanda and Lacey.

That was Friday.

Saturday was a little more relaxed but we did get to see a really cool production of "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" at the Zilker hillside theater.

This morning Mike, Eric and I did a 60 mile road ride to San Marcos and back. It was so amazing, I can't wait until I get to ride my bike everyday next summer to Alaska. It's going to be such an amazing way to see the western states and even some of Canada (yay Carly!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you didn't make it to Vancouver this summer. Are you telling me you will next summer??? Can't wait! (If that is what you're saying, of coure.)

Anonymous said...

Of course. I meant to say of course. Geez, I am such an asshole when it comes to typing!

Rachael said...

Sadly, I didn't have the funds to make the trip this summer, but Vancouver is a stop on our Texas 4000 route next summer. (Check it out at texas4000.org.)

We actually get a whole day off in Vancouver, and I'd love for you to show me and a couple of my friends around while we're there. And if that's not possible for whatever reason, we HAVE to meet up while we're there.

Anonymous said...

I am all over that. Can't wait!

Site Meter