07 October 2007

Tok, Alaska Day 66. Aug. 6th

I wake up feeling ill at 5 and then 7 am after tossing all night. It's raining and no one wants to get on the bike today. It's a short 50 mile day, but I'm torn over whether to ride & get more sick or sag for the day. At the last minute I decide to sag, and it's a good thing because as soon as I got in the car I passed out, exhausted. When I wake up there's a massive headwind which would have undoubtedly made me cry, and with my current absence of energy, I would never have made it into Tok. Rambo, Mike & I went ahead into Tok & arranged for us to stay at a church instead of the Sourdough Camp where we were supposed to stay since storms were on their way. Not long after getting to the church I ate dinner and laid down. I fell asleep at 7:44pm and woke up the next morning still feeling ill, with a scheduled 90 miles, and it's raining.

*There are no pictures from this day. Because of the rain, I didn't carry my camera.

No comments:

Site Meter