11 September 2005

Here's to you

I don't buy the notion that things are predetermined and have never considered myself as having particularly good luck. With that being said, I have no idea how things worked out for me to come to Texas. All I can say is that it was by chance that I got recruited here. Not a week before I was offered a spot on the team, I was told that they were finished recruiting my class.

It seems like the longer I'm here, the more amazed I am that it happened. With the exception of Jac, I don't think you guys realize the kind of town I came from. Not to say that there aren't people there who are going places, but it just seems to me that it is kind of hard to get out. After being at Texas for a year, I am beginning to realize how much I have here. I mean, UT and Nike are paying me to play for one of the best schools in the nation, and there are people who I have never even met making sure that I have the best of what's to offer.

But more than any of that, I love you guys. Technically, I have met all of my best friends because of softball. I have met lifelong friends and people who have changed my life. And no matter how much I have been given, it wouldn't mean anything if it wasn't for y'all.

No comments:

Site Meter