09 October 2005

Ask and you shall be told

A genie has granted you three wishes... what would they be and why?

1. I would wish that I could get by on about 3 hours of sleep everyday and had unlimited resources so that I could knock out some things on my "To Do" list. To have the money and time to travel the world with a few of my closest friends tops the list. During the week, I get so busy I can't tell yesterday from tomorrow. I feel like there are so many things that I just don't have time to get to that I would like to do, so those extra hours gained each day would allow for so much more productivity.

2. Several months ago my cousin sustained severe head injuries in a car accident. He is recovering and can function, but still relies on a nurse for some things. I would wish that he regain full independence and get to spend more time with his kids.

3. My last wish would be for Angelina to leave Brad for me!

What is your secret guilty pleasure, and when do you generally indulge in it?

This is no secret, but downloading music on the internet is probably my biggest guilty pleasure. I don't actually do it that often, maybe once a week or so, but I did just copy a bunch of Joe's music from him so I suppose that counts.

What is the one personal item you have that you just cannot live without and why?

This one is easy. I can't stand it when my internet is not working, or I don't have access to it. There are a few websites that I have to check everyday, and a major form of communication for me is AOL instant messenger.

What is the one regret that you wish you could go back in time and change, and what would you do differently?

The one regret that I would actually change if I had the opportunity would be last year when I let a certain person treat me really badly and take advantage of me. I was trying so hard to make our friendship work and didn't want to give up on this person, but in doing so, I opened myself up to be hurt. The friendship was a complete one way street where the other person came around and got what she wanted when she felt the need with no regard for my feelings.

What I would do differently is realize what kind of person I was dealing with sooner and not open myself up to her like that. I am to blame for not standing up for myself sooner, so I would have confronted her about the problem before she had a chance to take advantage of me.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Your blog is a total knockoff of The Casual Friday. I haven't even cracked a smile from reading a single post of yours so you should give Brian his idea back. On the other hand, Flack Jacket News is great! Glad you haven't posted since July saying it is coming soon. Talk about boring.

Justin Thyme said...

:-) Thanks for answering those questions! Hoped it helped with the writer's block.

Not sure if there is a back story between you and the previous commenter (I've often made the mistake of jumping to someone's defense in these situations only to find out later that it was just a joke between two friends)... I would just offer this advice - with comments like that, there really is no need to respond because you are correct in how the other person's blog speaks (or in this case doesn't speak) for itself, and most people with half a brain will already see that anyway, so no sense in letting yourself getting upset or being drug into a flame war. Besides, just remember some advice my father gave me when I was growing up - "Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and they usually stink."

Just keep up the good work and don't let anyone else sway your personal creativity!

poole said...

thats some good advice.. i enjoy your blog by the way. i saw the link on rachael's blog. i have a similar statement... "excuses are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink".

Rachael said...

Justin, I appreciate the questions you posted for me. Definitely helped with the writer's block.

I don't know austinizer, I just came across his blog somehow the other day.

Site Meter