22 October 2005

Freedom of Speech

Some people like to say that ignorance is bliss. However, in light of the recent vandalism to this blog, I would like to argue otherwise. I can see no way in which someone could feel good about themselves after posting such hateful things on the blog of two girls just attempting to entertain themselves and their friends. So, whoever you are Mr. Azle, or wherever it is that you are from, we'd like to ask that you back up your oh-so-brazen comments by standing up and being counted. If you want to post about us like you know us or have some idea of our lives, then let us know who you are. Until you have the courage to do so, please refrain from ruining our blog with your insensitive and IGNORANT comments. I doubt that our Forefathers intended freedom of speech to be used in such a hateful manner. And by the way, you can call me a lot of things, but don't ever, EVER call me worthless. Asshole. Thanks for your time.

Best Wishes,
Mel Jay and Rachael

3 comments:

Justin Thyme said...

Hey girls - if I can make a suggestion... why don't you change the settings so that only bloggers themselves can leave postings? That way, you can track them to their source, and if there are problems, you can report them to the host site.

Rachael said...

I thought about it, but several of my friends don't have a blog so I want to keep it open for them. We were having problems with someone saying things in the chatterbox on the sidebar. I put that up for people to write quick notes on, and I'm not going to let some jerk take the fun out of it. I tracked his IP address, and I have a good idea of who it is so we'll see if he writes again.

Rachael said...

Justin, where have you gone? For some reason your blog is not loading.

Site Meter