20 October 2005

to cap off an otherwise dull day

I have been meaning to tell you guys about this band that Joe introduced me to, The Flight of the Conchords. I know you may be saying, Since when has Rachael liked New Zealand folk music? But these guys infuse their music with humor, and if you make me laugh, I'll most likely come to love you. If you can get your hands on their HBO One Night Stand performance, you'll laugh your ass off too. They want to deal with the issues; for them it's all about the future.

I dealt with some issues myself tonight. Although we weren't talking about Russian dolls or rogue unicorns, but did come across the topic of imaginary relationships and monkeys and imaginary relationships with monkeys, it was nice to get some of what has been bothering me lately off my chest. It's a welcome change to have a good conversation with someone who understands where I'm coming from.

3 comments:

Justin Thyme said...

Imaginary relationships and monkeys? Hmm... you've definitely aroused my curiousity! Are you perhaps planning a post describing the concept a little more? :-)

Flight of the Conchords sounds interesting too... do you have a web link or know of one to check out samples of their music on the web?

poole said...

are you referring to the the imaginary relationship with the monkey that i told you about? i also pretend to be dating a monkey.

word verivication: yijvisil- the fear of relationships...and monkeys

Rachael said...

Justin-
Well, I am not exactly at liberty to expand on the monkey subject too much more, so we'll just say that the person I was talking to knew some people who had very intricate relationships with stuffed monkeys.

I will try to find a better site than what I saw before for the Conchords. I get lucky and came across their show on HBO on demand a while back.

Cullen-
Look, I didn't want to oust you about secrets, but if you want to share...by all means. And I thought you broke up with the monkey?? It's ironic that I ended up with that monkey you found. What was his name, Mongo??

Perhaps even more ironic, watching Full House (don't ask) and they are talking about monkeys! I can't get away from them!!!

word verification: axgkosa-the revenge of the monkey

Site Meter