31 October 2005

Halloween

Okay, so I have known for a while that scary movies and myself don't exactly mess well. Sometimes I try to be a good sport and partake in the, er, fun. Over the summer, I went to High Tension with Alexa. After nearly throwing up when the dad's head was whacked off and the mom's throat slashed we left for my sake. Not too long ago I watched Taking Lives (not even that scary) with Dez. I made her come home and sleep with me.

Sunday I agreed after quite a bit of persuasion to go to see Saw II for Shannon's birthday. I'm not good at handling blood and gore. I didn't even watch the opening scene of Saw II, but hearing him cut out his own eye, dig around for the key that was under it, and then the trap closing on his head was enough for me. I passed out. I went to watch In Her Shoes instead.

With scary movies you have mostly all gore or a really fucked up story line. I obviously don't do gore, and as for the fucked up plots, it disturbs me that there are people who actually think this shit up. Even though I liked Seven and actually made it through the movie, the thought of someone's entire life revovling around their elaborate plot to kill others is creepy as hell. Random acts of violence are one thing, but when a person methodically plots these murders it gets to me.

Some people will blow off my concern by saying, It's only a movie. But the fact is that real people write these things down and make movies out of them, and other real people do these things with their lives. So as a result, I am writing off scary movies for good.

2 comments:

ALISHA said...

I agree 100%. I don't do scary movies either. Darci rented us a Scooby Doo Halloween cartoon and we watched that. You can spend next Halloween with us. Next year...It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.

Rachael said...

That sounds right up my alley. I'm there.

Site Meter