09 January 2006

Game On


A couple of weeks ago I bought a dart board. I also bought materials to make a cabinet with doors and all the works that the board would hang in. It would hide the board when not in use and also house the score card and darts. But I didn't plan the cabinet out well enough and it wasn't working right, so I put it away to work on later. The board has just been sitting in the closet. Until today. Then an idea struck me.

I hung it on the back side of the door I have standing in my apartment. The door provides a "safety net", if you will, for stray darts, I can move them around my apartment to play in different places, I don't have screws in my wall from hanging the cabinet, and when I'm finished, all I have to do is turn the door back around to hide the board. Don't ask me why it took so long for the idea to come to me, I'm too busy perfecting my game.

7 comments:

ALISHA said...

That's a rad door. But whatever you do...don't let Darci play. She's crazy with darts in her hand...and would have no mercy on your poor wall.

Rachael said...

Thanks Alisha. I'll keep that in mind. If she wants to play I'll suggest that we do so outside. My neighbor, Mike, and I played last night. The door was priceless. We hit it more than the dart board.

Anonymous said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA.....just because i've been working out and i dont know my own strength sometimes, doesnt make me a "crazy dart player"....there will be no need to play outside thank you

Rachael said...

if that's the case, then touche darc! we can play inside...

ALISHA said...

Well, Rachael. Don't say I didn't warn you. If you do play inside after all, that just goes to show you don't mind your walls being nicked. Fine. Just please definitly make sure there are no animals or small children around. I'm telling you, Darci is crazy. And that's all I have to say about that.

Harley Bryant said...

If only this could have been solved while I was still around, then I could have played with you...oh well, just another thing to look forward to when I come back

Rachael said...

Indeed. It's a shame. I miss you.

Site Meter