09 January 2006

Phobia City

You all know how bad I am with scary movies. I couldn't sleep last night, because I had a dream, a dream!, about that new flick "Hostel", the part where the chick's toe gets cut off. I haven't even seen the movie. Then today I nearly jumped out of my seat two different times when I saw a snake on t.v.

I used to not have an issue with either. I could handle scary movies, and I was actually fascinated with snakes. I don't know when or how these phobias developed along the way, but they're getting worse. I pass out in movie theaters and writhe with fear over snakes. What harm is a scary movie? And I have never been bitten by a snake, or seen a real one in over a year, but I don't know how to reverse this curse.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chainsaws!!! Chainsaws use to scare the crap out of me! Still scared of em', which is probably the reason why I'm not very friendly with the logging community. The only solution for your phobia is to just hang out with a bunch of friendly snakes. Go to a zoo or try to get on Fear Factor.

Sethery said...

Scary movies are terrible. But if you close your ears than there not scary any more. It's all the music.

Rachael said...

When I went to Saw II, I closed my eyes, not my ears, and I passed out. I had it all wrong.

Justin Thyme said...

"Hostel" was one scary mutha-frackin' movie!

And I know you will be extremely thrilled beyond words to hear this, but Saw III is already in production...

Rachael said...

Ugh, I cannot, and don't want to, imagine. I didn't know that about Saw III. Wow, there's obviously no limit.

Site Meter