21 September 2006

It's official

Dear Texas 4000 for Cancer applicant,

After reviewing your application and interview, it is our pleasure to invite you to be a part of the 2007 summer Texas 4000 for Cancer tour. Congratulations! In less than 300 days, you'll be pedaling your heart all the way to Alaska.

The first team meeting is proposed for Monday, October 9, at 7pm, location TBA. (Update coming soon.) At the meeting you will receive more information regarding the fall and spring schedule, team policy, answers to your questions and curiosities, and a few treats to kick-start your experience as a Texas 4000 rider.

All general Texas 4000 meetings will take place on Monday nights for the rest of the semester, so please plan your calendar accordingly to the best of your ability.

Again, congrats! We (the 2006 team and recruitment committee) are looking forward to getting to know you better. Allow us to be of any assistance throughout the year.

Lily Gross
Interim Director
Rockies '06

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! something tells me that the 215 on the top of the right column will need to start growing in preparation!

Rachael said...

Thanks! Yeah it will. All but 60 of those miles were on my mountain bike, mostly on the greenbelt so they're hard miles. Soon after the first of the year I should get my road bike and it'll start taking bigger jumps.

Sethery said...

Oh yea biking baby.

I need to figure out how much I ride here.

It's gotta be close to 10 miles a day

Anonymous said...

SWEET....CONGRATS!! now i can give you your first $100. its been burning a hole in my pocket. next time we see each other i will give it to you...im so proud of you!!

Rachael said...

Thanks Darc! Funny story, I was talking to Jac last night, and we were talking about how much we miss hanging out with you. When we get back from Connecticut it's on!

Rachael said...

Am I sensing some loneliness? Mel Jay- you should know better than to doubt our love for you. And yes, that summer was bomb dizzle. But I've gotta go. I've got tailgating to do at the MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAME IN PHILLY.

Site Meter