22 January 2007

ooooh mmm yeah, that's nice

Here's a little update for you loyal loyal reader(s) of mine. I'm alive and well and glad that school has started. Although it will be a work intensive semester academically (as well as with Texas 4000 and at the Sport Shop), I'm really excited about my classes. Hopefully I'll be able to maintain the level of motivation I've had so far to do well in my classes and finally pull off what has been to me, that elusive 4.0.

I've been reading as much as I can about the world (vague huh?), religion, listening to stimulating music, thinking A LOT and having some super conversations (which I've been missing in general) with some people.

I'm definitely taking a new approach to things, one that makes motivating myself come much more easily. I'm getting back to my old self and that is nice since I've been missing aspects of myself for the past 2 years. I'm getting back to my "let's go!" self that I was my freshman year with a little more wisdom in my head to keep myself in check and (hopefully) not make the same mistakes that I did that year to get me derailled in the first place. All the while I'm still figuring out how I feel about the world and my life and where both are going, independently of each other and because of each other. In other words, how I want to live my life, how the world is functioning and whether I should try to really apply myself to making the world function more properly or just exploit the world to create a plush lifestyle for myself. That's kind of a whole other issue to get into though.

I've rid myself (for the most part) of a cancerous burden that has been dragging me down and muddling the picture of where I want my life to go for some time and that is one of the things that has liberated me to pursue my life again. I'm seeing things more clearly than I have in quite some time which is fantasticly satisfying and extremely exciting since it's mearly the tip of what's to come.

On a lighter note, I've finally given in to myspace since, but I'm keeping it real on there. Only people who are my close friends are on my page (with only an exception or two). I am getting off of facebook too, since it has become even more invasive than myspace, which was one of my problems with myspace in the first place.

If we haven't spoken in a while, drop a line. I'd love to hear from you and you and you.

1 comment:

poole said...

im so ready for this revival.. its so good to see you kept up with yours

Site Meter